Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thinking Ahead

One thing that I've once learned instinctively, forgotten and now re-learned is to remember to think ahead to where I'll be next instead of where I'm at.   If I'm approaching a ramp and planning to go up onto the coping I need to think ahead and feel myself going up onto the coping when I'm at the bottom of the ramp instead of waiting until I get up there.  It gets your body prepared and ready to react.

I think that's one of the main problems I've been having is not thinking ahead to where I'll be but focusing on riding the board where I'm at.  As a friend once said, it's really all about your body going places and you're bringing the board along with you.  Not the other way around.

Hope this helps someone.  Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment